Canadian National Railway (CN) - Tariff Updates - October 1, 2022
Timely implementation of these changes is critical to minimize congestion and maintain network fluidity and throughput of containers in rail terminal facilities in anticipation of strong demand and volumes.
- Montreal, PQ terminals (Taschereau) transferred to group 1, reducing free time from 48 to 24 hours & increasing daily storage charges
- Storage start time changes from 0700 to 00:01 hrs after expiration of free time
- There is a tariff update regarding Valleyfield (overflow/diversion program) that will be moot by 10/1 as the CN is winding down and ceasing operations at Valleyfield this week prior to effective date
- Chicago (Harvey) and Joliet terminals transferred to group 4, no change to free time days however expiration time for free time is advanced from 0700 to 0001 after last free day and there is an increase in the daily storage rate
- Confirmation that Mississauga Intermodal Service Center (MISC) is accepting units pending customs clearance (as an overflow facility to Brampton)
- Storage start clock updating from 0700 to 0001 after last free day (same as MTR and CHI above)
Customer Advisory can be found Here.